Jul 22, 2012

Summer in the States 2012 #14

On a different note, seen on the Binghamton web-site:
Jones 2-time Fast Serve Winner 
For the second year in a row, Greg Jones (AUS) won the fast serve contest (including a $250 first place prize) with a serve of 123 mph.
Greg's fastest serve technique
Greg's view on the competition:

Like that one Fellas >
"Hahaha. I forgot to tell you guys. Lol. Yeah I won and I also aced a kid from the crowd for an extra $50 and got $50 for appearance fee. Good hey? $350 for an hours work after I lost (my singles match). It helped cheer me up a little!
 The gun was so slow, last year I won it with a 134mph! 
Greg egging on the opposition

The serve had to be in, we had 5 serves each.  I went 108mph fault, 113mph fault, 114mph fault, 109mph fault and was thinking it was all over and what the hell was happening. Then hit 124mph on last serve. Hahaha, McClune had already hit 123. Then Venus hit 124 also, so we had a two serve shoot out.
Is that your best? Bad luck Buddy
He hit fault, and then 117mph and in, which was ridiculous, because if he had of missed (that fast serve) I could have just served under hand and won by getting the serve in! So I hit like 111 fault, again thinking it was all over, then plucked a 123mph ripper in serve out of nowhere! Hahahaha."









No comments:

Post a Comment